Monday, June 21, 2010

Starting a New Volunteer Position


This morning I met the staff of a local cancer support organization.  It is called the Wellness Community Southeast Michigan.  They provide support groups, tai chi and yoga sessions, and educational classes for cancer patients and caregivers.  When I read about what they do through TakePart.com, I realized that it would be a great opportunity for me to take care of others above and beyond being friendly or opening doors for people.  From watching my father go through chemotherapy, I understand how scary and confusing it can be when you are diagnosed with cancer.  I will start volunteering here as a greeter Wednesday.  I hope that I can help to comfort at least a few people in their suffering.  I'm sure they could use more than just my help though, so check them out if you would like to contribute...

No comments:

Post a Comment