Monday, June 21, 2010

Michigan State Time Trial Championship


Yesterday, I had the opportunity to manage the turnaround at the Michigan State Championship Time Trial.  It was a pretty interesting experience.  Everyone coming through my turnaround had already spent 20km in the pain cave, so almost nobody had the presence of mind to slow down and execute a smooth turn.  Generally you use the brakes starting a few meters away from the turn and let them go by the time you start to actually turn.  This allows the bike to be more predictable through the turn and it helps you keep traction on the road...well after 20k, very few people remembered that.  I nearly got run over at one point.  Next time I do a TT, I will definitely respect the turns a little more.  That said, everyone made it through safely.  Even the tandems

Photo above is just for reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment