Monday, June 21, 2010

First Time at the Track


Saturday, I went to the velodrome with some of my teammates from U of M.  It was my first experience riding on a cycling track, and it was nothing short of amazing!  The track banks at 44 degrees at the corners, and you can (not me) safely ride around it upwards of 40mph.  At their 10am class, we learned how to safely navigate up and down the track in pacelines.  By the end of the session, we were doing flying 200m scratch races.  I managed to squeeze out a 14.1 second lap...I hope to tear it apart as soon as possible.  Here's a Wikipedia article about track if you want to learn more.

As a coach, if thought it necessary to ride the track just to experience it so I could better help my athletes understand it...but the track was like crack.  I will definitely be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment